The Young People involved with Haithi started a new media group and hit upon the idea of producing a soap opera designed specifically for and shown on Facebook.
The YP took charge of the project including:
- recruiting and creating a new media based Youth Company.
- collaborating with staff and creative practitioners on the ‘Bible’ for the new program
- auditioning and recruiting potential actors
- running workshops on acting for the ‘small screen’
- running workshops on how to use new media creatively
- running workshops on character development within the ‘soap’ context
- creating, filming and broadcasting advertising trailer
- creating and broadcasting a taster of series to come.
Quote from young person involved with the project:
“I now have a much clearer understanding of what making a TV programme/film is all about and exactly how hard it is, I would never have known this without this ‘for real’ experience. It takes dedication, commitment and inner strength to survive. At least now I know what I’m heading for if I decide to go towards media. I don’t think that I would ever have gotten the chance to find out without a project like this.”