The day provided opportunities to hear from those involved in Find Your Talent supported projects across Portsmouth, Southampton and Southern Hampshire and for new links to be forged. We also got the chance to hear directly from young people.
Chaired by Laia Gasch (Director, South Bank’s ‘Some Other Way Forward’), the Conference shared the learning from some of the 166 projects to have taken place during the first year of FYT -PUSH, reaching over 14,000 children, young people and families.
Issues highlighted included:
- Sustainability and embedding the momentum
- Partnership working is key
- The need for strong evidence of project impacts and successes.
- Communication, communication, communication!
- Putting young people at the heart of work is about creating a culture
- Young people are individuals, not an homogenous group
The entire event was captured by cognitive scribe, Andrew Parks and by Cass Productions.